Quantity Surveyors Registration Board of Nigeria (QSRBN) is the regulatory body of the quantity surveying profession and practice in Nigeria. It was established by Decree No. 31 of December 5, 1986, now CAP Q1 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (LFN) 2004.
- Determining who are quantity Surveyors for the purposes of this act;
- Determining what standard of knowledge and skill are to be attained by persons seeking to become registered as a Quantity Surveyors and raising those standard from time to time as circumstances may improve.
- Securing in accordance with the provisions of this decree the establishment and maintenance of a register of persons entitled to practice as Quantity Surveyors and the publication from time to time of the list of those persons.
- Regulating and controlling the practice of Quantity Surveying profession in all its aspects and ramifications.
- Performing such other functions that may be conferred on the board by its act…
Making professional ethics, Competence, Integrity and the pursuit of value-for-money, pro city and accountability the central focus in out regulatory role within the Nigerian economy.
To be the best Quantity Surveying Regulatory Body in Africa and one of the best in the world.
Murtala Aliyu has served the Federal Republic of Nigeria in several capacities including that of the Minister of State for Power and Steel (2001 to 2002). He was a member, Governing Council, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi (1999 to 2001), member Governing Council, Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko (2003 to 2007) and pioneer member of the Governing Council, Ondo State University of Science and Technology (OSUSTECH) Okitipupa (2007 to 2009). He was a member of the Niger State Plan Implementation Committee (1984 to 1986) and member Gombe State Investment Company (1999 to 2001).
A founding partner and current chairman of Associated Cost Consultants and also a founding director of Afri-Project Consortium, he has had hands on experience in the handling of several projects including: all aspect of Project Intervention, Feasibility, Planning and Processes for Project Implementation for the Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund (1996 to 1999). He also established and organized the Works Department of the Federal University of Technology, Minna as the pioneer professional staff (1984 to 1986). He has participated in the DFID supported SLGP, SPARC and PAK for the MDGs Conditional Grants Programmes among others.
Abdullahi Usman Alkali hails from Bida, in Bida Local Government area of Niger State was born on the 19th January, 1965, He graduated in 1990 with Higher National Diploma (HND) in Quantity Surveying from Kaduna Sate Polytechnic, Kaduna State.
He started his working career as a Higher Technical Officer (QS) Ministry of Works & Transport Minna in 1992 and rose through the ranks to become the Deputy Director (QS) in 2015.
He became a corporate member of the Nigeria Institute of Quantity Surveyors in 2001 and a Registered Quantity Surveyor in 2015.
He has served in several capacities which include but not limited to the following:
- Publicity Secretary, NIQS Niger State Chapter – 2000-2009.
- Chairman, NIQS Niger State Chapter 2009 – 2013.
- NIQS National Executive Council (NEC) member (Representing North Central) from 2011 – 2013.
He currently serves as the Registrar, Quantity Surveyors Registration Board of Nigeria (QSRBN).
He speaks English, Hausa and Nupe fluently.
He is happily married with children.
QSRBN regulates and controls the practice of the quantity surveying profession in all its aspects and ramifications in Nigeria
QSRBN is legally empowered to register individuals and firms authorised to practice Quantity Surveying in Nigeria.
Quantity Surveyors Registration Board of Nigeria is legally empowered to inspect and accredited all institutions offering quantity survey in Nigeria